Friday, January 25, 2013
Solid Waste Services Suspends Yard Waste Collections Due to Inclement Weather
In observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, January 21, SWS was on a one-day delay therefore Thursday routes were being collected today. If crews were not able to provide yard waste collection to those residents prior to the suspension of service, those residents will be collected next week on their normal collection day. SWS should resume its normal collection services on Monday, January 28.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
· Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter
· Yard waste should be separated in piles small enough for one person to carry
· Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on the day of collection
· Place collection items within two feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk
· Allow three feet between your garbage cart, recycling cart, yard waste, bulky items and obstacles such as vehicles, mailboxes, phone poles, etc.
For more information on Solid Waste Services, please visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311 (704.336.7600).
Posted by Buck Lawrimore at 1:41 PM