Friday, January 25, 2013
City offices to close at 3 p.m. today due to weather
• CharMeck Alert Center at http://emergency.charmeck.org features the latest information on City services, including CATS bus schedules and other updates.
• NotifyMe – To receive emergency notifications via email or text, you can subscribe to the NotifyMe service by clicking here.
• GOV Channel – You can tune in to Cable 16 or view the live stream at http://govchannel.charmeck.org. Live tickers will display the latest emergency information.
• Social media – You can also follow the City via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
• Local media – Any closures or delays will be submitted to local media immediately.
Residents are advised to use extra caution when traveling in wintry weather conditions. Drive slowly and allow extra following distance and commute time. Stay back from large vehicles salting and brining roads. Allow emergency vehicles plenty of room to get around you. If salt or brine gets on your car, a good wash should remove it.
The City of Charlotte provides services to more than 700,000 residents.
The City's focus areas are Housing and Neighborhood Development, Community Safety, Transportation, Economic Development and the Environment.
For the latest news about city government, visit the Citywide Newsroom at newsroom.charlottenc.gov.
From our website, you can sign up to receive email updates on City topics that interest you through the Notify Me service.
Posted by Buck Lawrimore at 11:59 AM