Kicks Off on Thursday with Ceremonial Keg Tapping
WHO: Brewers, retailers and beer fans.
WHAT: The inaugural Charlotte Craft Beer Week,
featuring tastings of rare and exotic brews, showcases for North
Carolina and East Coast breweries, food and beer pairing events,
educational experiences and the chance to meet brewers and industry
WHERE: Rock Bottom Brewery & Restaurant, 401 N. Tryon
St., Charlotte, N.C.
WHEN: Thursday, March 18, 7-9 p.m.
WHY: Ceremonial Keg Tapping kicks off 33 events
around the region highlighting craft domestic and imported gourmet
beers, the growth in beer culture in Charlotte and great retailers
that take beer seriously.
HOW: The tapping event is open to the public. Rock
Bottom will have special prices on select brews during the event.
Tickets for the various Charlotte Craft Beer Week events will be sold
at each of the host locations. Most events have limited space and may
sellout in advance. Contact the venues directly about ticket
availability. Charlotte Craft Beer Week urges you to drink
responsibly. Please designate a driver or use public transportation
when attending one of these great events.
Complete Schedule for the 11-day Charlotte Craft Beer Week celebration
of all things beer includes:
• March 18, 7-9 p.m.: Charlotte Craft Beer Week Tap the Keg Reception
at Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery at 401 N. Tryon St., Charlotte.
• March 19, 5-7 p.m.: Brew Dog & Stone Brewery Tasting at Total Wine
& More, 440 E. McCollough Dr., Charlotte.
• March 19, 6-9 p.m.: Flying Dog 20th Anniversary Beer Dinner at Café
Central, 1401 Central Ave., Charlotte.
• March 19, 7-10 p.m.: Brewery Night featuring Victory, Brooklyn,
Oskar Blues, Terrapin and Heavy Seas at The Flying Saucer Draught
Emporium at 9605 North Tryon St., Charlotte.
• March 20, 2 p.m., 3 p.m. & 4 p.m.: Brewery tours at the Olde
Mecklenburg Brewery, 215 Southside Dr., Charlotte.
• March 20, 3-6 p.m.: Beasts of the East Big Beer Tasting at The
Liberty Gastro Pub at 1812 South Blvd., Charlotte, featuring Terrapin,
Victory, Heavy Seas, Flying Dog, Schmaltz, Brooklyn and Sweetwater. A
portion of the proceeds from this event will benefit Pints for
• March 20, 7-10 p.m.: Highland Brewery Night at Eastfield Bar &
Grill, 8709 Arbor Creek Dr., Charlotte.
• March 21, Noon-3 p.m.: Abita Cajun Brunch at Tavern on the Tracks,
1411 S. Tryon St., Charlotte.
• March 21, 3-7 p.m.: North Carolina Brewers Guild Tasting at The
Flying Saucer Draught Emporium. A portion of the proceeds will benefit
the North Carolina Brewers Guild.
• March 22, 6-9 p.m.: Hugh Sisson Beer School at Dilworth
Neighborhood Grille, 911 E. Morehead St., Charlotte. Featuring Brewer
Hugh Sisson of Clipper City Brewing and Heavy Seas Ales of Baltimore,
• March 22, 5-8 p.m.: Redhook Keep the Pint Night at Brick House
Tavern, 209 Delburg St., Davidson.
• March 22, 6-9 p.m.: Olde Mecklenburg Fruh Bock Dinner at The
Liberty Gastro Pub.
• March 22, 7-10 p.m.: Magic Hat Brewery Night at The Pizza Peel &
Tap Room, 4422 Colwick Rd., Charlotte.
• March 23, 5-8 p.m.: New Belgium and Bison Brewing Sustainability
Beer Dinner at Vintners Wine Market in the Arboretum, 8128 Providence
• March 23, 6-9 p.m.: Catawba Valley Brewing Meet the Brewer Tasting
at Ed's Tavern, 2200 Park Rd., Charlotte.
• March 23, 6-9 p.m.: Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Celebration
featuring Bigfoot Barleywine at Pizza Peel & Tap Room.
• March 23, 6-9 p.m., Stone Brewery Dinner at The Common House, 1101
Central Ave., Charlotte.
• March 23, 6:30-9:30 p.m., Abita Beer Dinner at Zink American
Kitchen, 201 N. Tryon St., Charlotte.
• March 24, 5-9 p.m.: German Bier Fest at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery.
• March 24, 5-9 p.m.: Hop-A-Palooza at The Common Market, 1515 S.
Tryon St., Charlotte, featuring Double and Imperial IPAs loaded with
• March 24, 7-9 p.m.: Stone Brewery Keep the Growler Night at The
• March 25, 5-8 p.m.: Beers & Basketball at Stool Pigeons, 214 N.
Church St., Charlotte, featuring Kona, Widmer Brothers and Redhook.
• March 25, 7-10 p.m.: Freak Fest at The Common Market featuring
freaky beers, live circus freaks and live rock and roll music.
• March 26, 4-7 p.m.: Bison Burgers & Bison Beers at Ed's Tavern.
Four course beer dinner using locally sourced ingredients and matched
with Bison's organic ales.
• March 26, 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Michigan Breweries Double Header Part I
with Bell's, Founders and New Holland at Total Wine & More, Park Towne
Village, 1600 E. Woodlawn Ave., Charlotte.
• March 26, 8-11 p.m.: Michigan Breweries Double Header Part II with
Bell's, Founders and New Holland at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille.
• March 26, 8-11 p.m.: Dogfish Head Beer Tasting at Pizza Peel & Tap
• March 27, Noon- 4 p.m.: Carolina Beer Co. Tour & Tasting, 110
Barley Park Lane, Mooresville.
• March 27, 1-5 p.m.: 5+1 Cask Beer Festival, Duckworth's Grill &
Taphouse, Park Towne Village, 1600 E. Woodlawn Rd., Charlotte. Cask
conditioned beers from Foothills, Founders, Highland, Duck-Rabbit, New
Holland and Rock Bottom.
• March 27, 2 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.: Brewery tours at the Olde Mecklenburg
• March 27, 6-10 p.m.: Stone Brewing Most Arrogant Bar in America
Celebration, Tilted Kilt, 13230 Carowinds Blvd., Charlotte.
• March 27, 7-10 p.m.: Black & Blue at Visualite with Brawley's.
Visualite Theater, 1615 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte. Black beers with
• March 28, 2-5 p.m.: Charlotte Craft Beer Week Last Call, Common
More details on the Charlotte Craft Beer Week are available at www.charlottecraftbeerweek.org