collectgarbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items according to
the normal schedule on Labor Day, Monday, September 5.
While enjoying holiday festivities, residents are encouraged to
recycle. As a reminder, the week of September 5 is a green recycling
collection week. Residents on green collection week should place their
recycling carts curbside on their scheduled collection day.
A few tips to help residents properly prepare recyclables for
· Rinse and remove all food/liquid residue from recyclable items
· Remove caps and lids from bottles and containers
· Please do not bag recyclables before placing them in the
· Cut cardboard into sections small enough to fit into the
· Please do not overfill the recycling cart
· Place the recycling cart curbside by 6:30 am on your
scheduled collection day
· Place the recycling cart within 2 feet of the curb and at
least 3 feet away from other collection items and obstacles such as
mailboxes, vehicles and phone poles.
For more information on Curb It! collection services, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov
or call 311 (704.336.7600).