to collect. To ensure items are collected on schedule, Charlotte
residents are reminded of the following:
· Holiday collection services are provided. Curb It! services
– residential garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items – will
be provided according to the regular schedule on Friday, December 23.
All services except yard waste will be provided Monday, December 26
through Friday, December 30.
· Yard waste will not be collected December 26-30. Collection
services for yard waste will resume on January 2.
· Bag extra garbage. Extra garbage outside the rollout cart
will be collected until December 30. Extra garbage must be bagged and
placed beside (not on top) of the garbage cart.
· Properly prepare Christmas trees for collection. Beginning
January 2, Solid Waste Services will collect natural Christmas trees
as yard waste. Artificial trees should be scheduled for bulky item
collection. To schedule a bulky item collection, call 311
(704.336.7600) or schedule online at http://curbit.charlottenc.gov.
Before placing trees at the curb, all decorations must be removed.
Residents living in multi-family communities on the City's multi-
family contract can call 311 to schedule Christmas tree collection.
· Place items curbside. Collection items must be placed at
the curb no later than 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
· Recycle. Residents are encouraged to recycle, including
gift wrap and cardboard. For a list of items accepted in the Recycle
It! program and tips on how to properly prepare recyclables, call 311
or visit http://recycleit.charlottenc.gov.
For more information on all Curb It! services, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov
or call 311.