Aug. 1 and 2. The largest grassroots race in history will once again
offer the largest Legend Car and Bandolero purse of the year, as
drivers do battle on the speedway's frontstretch
Registration for the Legends Million begins today and is scheduled to
close on July 18. The purse structure for the 2011 Legends Million
will be prorated, based on total cars registered, so competitors are
encouraged to register early.
"As the car count goes up, the purse goes up," said Don Hawk, vice
president of business affairs, Speedway Motorsports, Inc. "We're
asking competitors to get their registration in as early as possible
so we can get the purse locked in."
In the inaugural Legends Million last year, Kannapolis, N.C., native
Daniel Hemric was victorious, taking home an unprecedented $250,000.
More than 300 drivers from 36 states and two foreign countries,
ranging from 12 to 72 years old, registered for the one-of-a-kind
Legend Car race.
"These are the race cars that launched the careers of NASCAR drivers
like Dale Earnhardt Jr., Joey Logano, David Ragan, Kurt Busch and Kyle
Busch," said Marcus Smith, president and general manager of Charlotte
Motor Speedway. "The Legends Million is a great opportunity for fans
to come to the track and see the future stars of NASCAR compete in the
largest Legend Car race in the world. It's also an excellent
opportunity for young drivers to get noticed and hopefully take their
career to the next level."
Registration links are available online at
www.charlottmotorspeedway.com and at www.uslegendscars.com. The cost
to register is $500. Competitors who purchase a new Legend Car from
U.S. Legend Cars International will receive free entry into the